Rural Health Professions Summer Preceptorship
Are you a health professions student interested in a summer training experience? If so, the 6-week long Rural Health Professions Summer Preceptorship is the perfect opportunity for you to:
- Train in a rural clinical practice
- Experience interdisciplinary training
- Collaborate in a community-focused learning project
- Network with rural health professionals
The Rural Health Professions Summer Preceptorship introduces students to rural practice, promotes learning through active participation in the community, and provides students with experience working with a wide variety of health professions. Applications are generally accepted annually from January-March. Contact SCI-AHEC for more information, 618-899-1052.
Rural Health Experience
South Central Illinois Area Health Education Center (SCI-AHEC) is sponsoring a Rural Health Experience. The Rural Health Experience is an opportunity for graduate and professional level students who are enrolled in a health professions program, including but not limited to: medical, physician assistant, and family nurse practitioner. The Rural Health Experience is a 3-5 day interprofessional experience in a rural community in South Central Illinois. Students will be required to submit an 8-10 page reflective report on their experience. For more information, click the link above. Applications are generally accepted annually from January-March. Contact SCI-AHEC for more information, 618-899-1052.
- To learn about the social and health characteristics, needs and resources of a specific rural community.
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of different healthcare providers in a rural community.
- To reflect on a future career as a healthcare provider in a rural community and potential interest in this location for future employment