Illinois Department of Public Health Center for Rural Health Scholarship Programs
The Center for Rural Health administers a number of scholarship programs for students in the health professions. All programs require scholarship recipients to practice in an underserved area upon completion of their training
For more information on available scholarships visit http://www.idph.state.il.us/about/rural_health/rural_scholarship.htm
Thermo Fisher Scientific is offering our future science scholars an opportunity to win $10,000 in scholarship funding for the 2013-2014 Fall semester. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for the future generation of scientists. Graduate students or undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited college for the 2013-2014 Fall semester to qualify for this scholarship. A pre-selected committee will award two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships among the candidates.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for
the 2013-2014 Fall semester
- Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- Graduate students must have received an accumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- Sophomores and Juniors must have an accumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Freshman must have an accumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidates must complete an application & submit unofficial transcripts [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
- Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3734 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.
- Deadline for applicants is July 31, 2013
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit all materials in the checklist before July 31, 2013 (all information should be submitted at once). Award recipients will be notified no later than August 16th, 2013. Please see official Terms & Conditions for additional information.
* Note this scholarship is only available to United States citizens or students possessing appropriate Visa status in order to study in the U.S.
Visit http://www.pierce-antibodies.com/PierceScholarship/index.cfmfor applications and more information.
- Two (2) -$500 scholarships will be available to students enrolled in either the Associate Degree, Licensed Practical Nursing, or Certified Nursing Assistant Programs at Sauk Valley Community College.
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Written application deadline: Monday, July 15, 2013
- Review date: By August 1, 2013
- Selection Date: August 8, 2013
- Participants will be notified after selection date: By August 15, 2013
- Presentation of awards will be completed at a regularly scheduled HERRV Committee meeting. Winners also will be encouraged to participate at future HERRV activities.
Application forms available here.
To uphold the Mission of FHN and services we provide in our communities through the support of future healthcare professionals, FHN is providing up to two $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing specific healthcare careers.
Deadline for applications is Friday, Sept. 13, 2013.
Applications will be accepted from any student currently enrolled in an accredited program of study involving the following healthcare careers:
- Medical Technology / CLS / MLS
- Nursing (BSN)
- Health Information Management
- Rehabilitation Services (PT, OT, PTA, COTA, SP)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
Benefit-eligible employees of FHN may not apply.
Complete the application form
Provide evidence of a current GPA of 3.0 or better
Participate in an interview, if selected as a finalist
Submit a typed, approximately 500-word essay responding to the following question:
Why did you choose your career path, what have you done to support it,
and how would it benefit FHN's service area?
All entries will become the property of FHN and will not be returned.
Funds will be disbursed to the winning students’ college or university to be applied toward expenses for the winter 2013 term.
Dates to Remember:
Deadline for applications submission – Friday, September 13, 2013
Finalist interviews conducted October – November 2013
Winners announced and funds disbursed in December
HRSA announced that National Health Service Corps loan repayment is now available for individuals in the field of Pharmacy. Pharmacists are eligible to apply for loan repayment through the State Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) which provides grants to states to operate their own loan repayment programs for primary care providers. For more information visit http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/stateloanrepaymentprogram/index.html.