Motivational Interviewing & Other Strategies for Health Behavior Change Saturday June 4, 2016
Brief Interventions for addressing DSM Disorders in Primary Care Saturday June 25, 2016
Stress Management & Coping Skills for patients with Medical Conditions Saturday July 16
$120 each/$300.00 Total
7 IDPR credits each/21 total (for psychologists, social workers and counselors)
LOCATION: Illinois State University, Normal, IL
Questions? Call 309-438-5629
• learn about the practice of integrated behavior health care (IBH).
• gain knowledge about common presenting concerns in primary care and IBH-compatible interventions.
• practice strategies to promote health and well-being in three types of referrals for behavioral health services.
•Health Behavior Change (i.e. weight management, smoking cessation, lifestyle changes, sleep problems)
•Psychiatric Disorders (i.e., anxiety, depression, ADHD)
•Acute & Chronic Illness & Injury (i.e., cardiac, pain, diabetes, gastrointestinal)
• acquire knowledge about health disparities, the role of cultural competence, and work with vulnerable and underserved populations in primary care.
• gain exposure to inter-professional collaboration.