The Association of Community Mental Health Authorities of Illinois (ACMHAI) is seeking a part-time Independent Contractor to act as the Association Coordinator up to 80 hours per month. The Coordinator will provide various leadership, management, administrative, planning and other services for and on behalf of ACMHAI. ACMHAI is a trade association that represents local mental health authorities, which plan and fund services for people with mental illness, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
· Coordinate activities with and maintain contact with ACMHAI members.
· Coordinate tasks with ACMHAI administrative representative.
· Coordinate, organize and attend all ACMHAI Quarterly membership meetings.
· Prepare and present written report for all ACMHAI Quarterly membership meetings.
· Record and distribute minutes from all ACMHAI Quarterly membership meetings.
· Participate in all ACMHAI Committee meetings.
· Provide technical assistance as identified by member boards. Areas may include strategic planning, annual report preparation and other statutory mandates.
· Assume responsibility for the organization’s website.
· Provide orientation for new member boards.
· Maintain and develop best practice and/or policy manuals.
· Represent ACMAHI interests at relevant State government agencies as identified by the Board President and Executive Committee.
· Participate in coalition building with other relevant organizations
Experience and Competencies
· Demonstrated competency in member services coordination.
· Working knowledge of publically funded behavioral health services - to include mental health, substance use disorders and developmental disabilities.
· Understanding of models for service delivery and financing of behavioral health services.
· Familiarity with governmental policy regarding behavioral health, including knowledge of Health Care and Medicaid Reform.
CONTRACT AMOUNT: $40,000 per Independent Contractor Agreement.
SUBMISSION PROCESS AND CLOSING DATE
Submit a resume, cover letter, with a list of up to 3 references by August 1 2015, to:
ACMHAI Search Committee
307 East Washington
Belleville, IL 62220
Or Email to: email@example.com