Mental Health First Aid/
Funding: The maximum award is $500 per scheduled 8-hour course. The total number of awards is dependent on funds available and the number of applications submitted. Organizations may apply for up to $1,000 total for courses to be completed by August 31, 2018.
Eligibility: To submit an application, an organization must be a federally tax-exempt entity. Examples (not meant to be exhaustive) of qualifying organizations include 501(c)(3), K-12 schools, institutions of higher education, and governmental entities. Please provide proof of your tax-exempt status with application.
Target Areas: Courses must be held in these Central Illinois AHEC counties: Christian, DeWitt, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Marshall, McLean, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Peoria, Piatt, Sangamon, Tazewell, and Woodford Counties.
Project Period: April-August 31, 2018 or until funds are expended.
Project Evaluation and Reporting: Grantees will be required to participate in project evaluation through the collection of demographic data. Central Illinois AHEC staff will work with grantees to ensure required demographics are collected. Information from your session evaluations will be retrieved from the National Council of Behavioral Health, manager of the Mental Health First Aid program.
Grant Announcement & Publicity: Applicants must acknowledge the Central Illinois AHEC as providing funding for sessions on all publications and in media coverage related to the Mental Health First Aid sessions. Where appropriate, the Central Illinois AHEC logo should be included and will be provided in electronic format. A copy of all promotional materials must be submitted with demographic data.
Budget: Funding can be used for: photocopying; advertising courses; mailing expenses; purchasing manuals; food/beverages; and other supplies such as pens, flip charts, and paper. The following costs are NOT covered: compensation for employee time, travel, computer hardware/software, or other equipment.
Receipt of funds: Organizations selected for funding must enter into a contract with Illinois State University (to be supplied), submit a W-9 vendor form (to be supplied), and submit an invoice for expenses. Awardees will be required to sign an agreement before work can proceed.
To Apply: Use the attached form and return by mail or email to: Sharon Mills, Director, Central Illinois AHEC, Illinois State University, Campus Box 4950, Normal, IL 61790-4950, firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, contact Sharon by email or call 309-438-5326.
Central Illinois Area Health Education Center
Mental Health First Aid/Youth MHFA Mini-Grants 2018
Application and Budget Form
Organization Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Email: ________________________________________ Phone: ________________________________
|Session Dates||What is the venue name and address where training will take place?||
(please list counties)
Amount requested for each 8-hr session
($500 maximum per session up to $1,000 total award)
Please attach a BRIEF DESCRIPTION (up to one page) including these points:
· need for Mental Health First Aid/Youth MHFA in your area;
· target audiences to be served (e.g., community, health professionals, law enforcement, schools);
· names and organizational affiliations of Mental Health First Aid/Youth MHFA trainer(s) providing sessions(s);
· methods for advertising/recruiting participants and any charges to participants; and
· if applicable, request for other support through the Central IL AHEC (e.g., help with marketing, trainer identification, course logistics) in addition to or in lieu of funding.
See budget form, budget justification instructions, and authorizing signature on next page.
PROJECT BUDGET FORM
|Request from Central IL AHEC||Total by Line Item|
|MHFA/Youth MHFA Manuals|
|Other (Please be specific on budget justification)|
|In-kind donations (Please be specific on budget justification)|
Total by column
BUDGET JUSTIFICATION (attach up to one additional page)
· Explain how the cost of each budgeted item is calculated.
· Other financial support and in-kind contributions will be shown as a matching contribution for the Central Illinois AHEC if they come from non-federal funds. This support can include material expenses and value of staff wages, benefits, and travel. Please indicate federal funds ARE or ARE NOT being used for local financial and in-kind (i.e., contributed/donated) support.
PROOF OF TAX-EXEMPT STATUS: Please attach proof of your tax-exempt status.
Name and Title of Person Authorized to Sign for the Organization:
Printed: ________________________________________________________ Date:_________________