The Illinois AHEC Scholars is a competitive two-year program that expands on traditional health professions student education and training. During the two year program you will work closely with health care professionals who are dedicated to quality patient care.
- Gain additional experience in rural and underserved areas
- Learn and refresh knowledge of important topics health profession students should be familiar with
- Build your professional profile and make meaningful connections that could lead to future employment.
Scholars participate in:
- Yearly Scholars Institute
- Online self-paced training modules on key topics in underserved health (practice transformation, behavioral health, social determinants of health, cultural competency, interpersonal training, and education)
- Community-based experiential training
- Interpersonal community service learning project
Eligible students are those enrolled in a health professions degree or certificate program with at least two years remaining. At completion, Scholars recieve a nationally recognized AHEC Scholars Certificate.
Central Illinois AHEC covers program expenses and up to $500 in stipends for completion of the program.
To apply or for more information, vist the Illinois AHEC Scholars Website at