Click to download application
- be a student enrolled or accepted into a health career program and attending college (or an accredited health profession program) in the State of Illinois in Fall 2017. Health Profession is broadly defined, and includes for example, medicine, osteopathy, nursing, dentistry, dental hygiene, optometry, pharmacy, chiropractic, allied health, public health, psychology, social work, other behavioral/mental health, physical and occupational therapy, and emergency medical services.
- be a resident of one of these Central Illinois counties: Putnam, Marshall, Woodford, McLean, DeWitt, Piatt, Moultrie, Macon, Sangamon, Menard, Logan, Tazewell, Peoria, or Stark Counties.
- have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- submit all materials by April 19, 2017, 4:30 pm.
- Recipients will be notified beginning June 1, 2017.
- The award cannot be used to pay for tuition, student fees, or personal expenses. The award can be used to pay for related educational expenses including housing, travel, books, scrubs, etc.
- Illinois State University students who receive this award will have the information added to their 1098-T. The money will be added to your student account statement and will pay off outstanding charges before being refunded to you.
- Non-Illinois State University students will receive their payment through the accounts payable process which includes providing a W-9 to the University. This will not be reported to you on a form by Illinois State University so it is your responsibility to maintain a record of your payment.
- Part or all of your payment may be taxable. You should seek the advice and guidance of a tax advisor who is familiar with all the relevant facts. This statement is general in nature and is not intended as tax advice. Reference IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education, for more information on taxable scholarship payments.
- Submit completed materials (see application and required documention) to: Kelly Harman, Illinois State University, Campus Box 4625, Normal, IL 61790; Fax 309-438-7476; Email email@example.com
- For questions, contact: Sharon Mills, Director, Central Illinois AHEC, Illinois State University, Campus Box 4950, Normal, IL 61790; Phone 309-438-5326; Email firstname.lastname@example.org