The Central Illinois Area Health Education Center (AHEC) was established in Fall 2014 at Illinois State University. Our goals are to:
• Increase awareness of and develop health careers
• Provide access to continuing and community-based education
• Share information and promote health emphasizing rural and “underserved” populations
Counties served by the Central IL AHEC include: Putnam, Marshall, Woodford, McLean, DeWitt, Piatt, Moultrie, Macon, Sangamon, Menard, Logan, Tazewell, Peoria, and Stark Counties.
Illinois State University established the Central IL AHEC in partnership with the University of Illinois College Of Medicine at Rockford, the Urban Medicine Program at the University of Illinois-Chicago College of Medicine and the National Center for Rural Health Professions (NCRHP). The AHEC Network is funded by a Federal grant from the Department of Health and Human Services.
News / Events
- 01/06/2017 - 03/31/2017 Health Careers Video Contest
- 04/11/2017 Colorectal Collaborative Symposium
- 04/11/2017 Health Resources and Services Administration Webinar
- 06/03/2017 - 07/15/2017 Integrated Behavioral Health- ISU's 3-part series
- 06/12/2017 - 06/16/2017 Youth Mental Health First Aid Train the Trainer Course
- 07/13/2017 - 07/21/2017 HIV and Drug Abuse Prevention Research July 2017